English as a Second Language
- The Center for Adult
English Language Acquisition
- A nice site funded by the U.S. Department of Education that includes
fact sheets, FAQs, articles, and links to other resources.
for Multilingual Multicultural Research
- This site by the University of Southern California is a wonderful
collection of links to numerous other sites relating to ESL learning.
and English for Speakers of Other Languages
- A nicely organized site for teachers wishing to integrate technology
into their curriculum. The site includes lesson ideas, software information,
and resources on current issues in technology and access. Sponsored
by the New England Literacy Resource Center.
- Computers in Action
- An online guide created to help ESL teachers integrate computer
learning skills into their curriculum. Several lessons illustrate
the use of various computer skills. The guide is based on the Curriculum
Frameworks Project funded by a grant from the Massachusetts Department
- English as a Second Language. National Institue for Literacy Special Collections
- A collection of resources for instructors, literacy practitioners,
program administrators, researchers, adult learners, and other stakeholders
in ESL education. It contains tools for teachers, discussions lists,
and information about news and events regarding ESL education.
- Internet TESL Journal
- This is a monthly online journal with teaching techniques, lessons,
Web-based textbooks, projects, classroom jokes, games, and conversation
questions. The site is searchable and archived back to 1995.
Connections -- Bilingual, Spanish, & ESL Literacy Resources
- Literacy Connections provides links to information on reading, adult
literacy, teaching techniques, and ESL literacy. The website also
has links to organizations supporting bilingual literacy.
Web, Literacy Resources for Learners of English as a Second Language
- This site provides access to an abundance of information for ESL
learners and teachers, including: links to online documents, instructional
strategies and websites for literacy practice. Created by the Neag
School of Education at the University of Connecticut.
- Teachers of English as a Foreign
- This website is dedicated to ESL teachers. It contains ESL lesson
plans, teacher forums, reviews of recent ESL-related books, and links
to other ESL websites.