- Ageless Learner –
Curious for Life!
- A well organized, extensive site with a lot of information including
such topics as create a learning culture, assessments, articles, books,
A nice article titled "How Adults Learn" from the above
Older Learners Seminar Report
- This report provides background information on projects that were
presented and text of speeches given at the seminar. Additionally,
practical tips and recommendations for planning and hosting educational
activities for older adults are noted.
Older Adult Learners
- The material on this site has been adapted from Hiemstra (1980c)
and updated with more current information. There are two quizzes regarding
knowledge of older adults, the Aging Facts Quiz One or the
Aging Facts Quiz Two, and answers.
Adult Education in the United States: Trends and Predictions.
Manheimer, Ronald J.
- This paper, sponsored by the North Carolina Center for Creative
Retirement, explores the current state of older adult education in
the United States and makes predictions regarding its future. Includes
a list of organizations and their web sites promoting education to
an aging population.
Up for Seniors! Introducing Older Patrons to the Web. Holba
Puacz, Jeanne & Christine Bradfield
- Practical tips on how to reach and teach senior populations by developing
programs designed to cater to their information needs and learning
Training Older Learners: Issues for the New Millennium
- A brief but helpful article focusing on key areas and competencies
of older adults as learners published by the University of North Texas’s
National Academy for Teaching and Learning about Aging.